Commonly Asked Questions Union Online Students

Welcome Union Students! We hope that this site addresses some of the questions you might have regarding your enrollment at Central State University. We are here to provide continuous support from the beginning through the completion of your academic program.

Questions about the Student Success Grant/Union Benefit


  1. Am I eligible for this benefit?

a. Union members, retired members, and their families members are eligible. Families include spouses, domestic partners, children, grandchildren, parents, siblings and dependents (step and in-laws, too!). Your family members do not need to live with you or be your financial dependent to qualify and there are no age limits.


  1. What programs are being offered?

a. Currently, we are offering the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Management as well as a Bachelor of Science in Education- Early Childhood Education.


  1. How much will this cost?

a. All students affiliated with the Union Low Cost Bachelor’s program will automatically be eligible for the Student Success Grant. The maximum student responsibility in an Academic Year (24 enrolled credits) will only be $4,500 (or $187.50 per credit). The amount is $4,000 for Ohio residents and $167.50 per credit. In order to determine your specific student responsibility, you will want to complete the 2019/2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at


  1. How can I pay for school?

a. All students with student responsibility have multiple funding options, including: Federal Student Loans, Flexible Payment Plans, Private Loans, and possible employer tuition asssistance.


  1. How do I apply?

a. Complete your union’s Low-Cost Bachelor’s Degree Program online inquiry form. Once that is completed, you will be prompted to the school application. If you’re not directed to the school’s application, please click on this link:


  1. How do I register for classes?

a. You will want to set up an advising appointment with an enrollment specialist by using this link:


  1. How will I know how many classes I have left to take?
    1. You will want to discuss your transferability of credit and program length with your enrollment specialist.


Questions in General


  1. What is the quickest way to find general information?

a. As a new or continuing student, you will probably have a variety of questions that can be quickly answered by accessing the website:

At this website, you will find registration procedures, academic calendars, important dates; transcript request and many other types of useful information.


  1. What is the best time to contact the Office of the Registrar?

a. The standard office time is 8:30 am – 4:30 pm EST. However, if the lines are busy because of high volume calls, leave a specific message of name, ID number and the reason for your call.  The call agent will research your issue and call you back within 48 hours.


  1. How can I find the dates for registration?

a. Registration dates change depending on the term that you wish to register. You can find the registration dates  on the Academic calendar website:


  1. Who can assist me with my registration?

a. After you complete the initial application, you will be contacted by an academic advisor who will assist you with every step of registration.


  1. What are the add/drop dates for courses?

a. Add and Drop dates are listed on the website


  1. How can I change my course schedule?

a. We know that you may need to change your schedule sometimes, but we encourage you limit your changes so that you can complete your program as quickly as possible. Always contact your academic advisor for assistance should you need to change your course schedule.


  1. How can I find what courses are being offered next semester?

a. Online schedules are posted on


  1. How can I find out how many credits they have earned?

a. Credits are earned if a student receives a grade of “C” or higher in a course. Those credits are posted on unofficial transcripts via My CSU and on your official transcript.


  1. Can anyone review my college records?

a. Only persons that you designate can review or have any discussions with CSU regarding your college record.  You can grant permission to other individuals by completing the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) form.  The FERPA form can be accessed from your MyCSU account.


17. How can I request an official transcript? 


Questions about payments and charges


  1. Why do my charges reflect differently from what I was told?

a. Charges may change slightly if you make changes in your course schedule during the drop and add period. Charges may also change slightly if we find that you have a scholarship that can be added to your account. Your academic advisor or financial counselor will be able to keep you posted on any significant changes that might occur.


Questions about Textbooks


  1. Who is responsible for paying for my textbooks?

a. As part of the Union Low-Cost Bachelor Program at Central State University, your e-books are included in the tuition you pay. For some courses, a physical textbook will be mailed.


 How do I order my e-books for my classes?

a. Your textbooks will be downloaded into your Schoology. When you sign into Schoology, all the material will be available in your class shell. For some courses, a physical textbook will be mailed.


  1. Will CSU continue to order the e-books and place them in my Schoology Shell?

a. Yes